Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I was born to eat salad

I'm pretty sure the invention of 'salads' was quite possibly fueled by divine intervention and the fact that only God knew how much I was going to love salad.

Pasta Salad, Apple Salad, House Salad, Spinach Salad, Mixed Greens Salad, Potato Salad, Tomato and Mozarella Salad, Chicken Salad... the list can go on and on.

This girl LOVES her some salad. 

No joke.

And you know, since we're being honest here, I'm going to go ahead and just proclaim that I love food.

There's nothing wrong with that, right?

...ah yes- the "there's more of me to love" excuse.  I'm still sticking with it for now.

And I don't think it is anyone's business whether my actual weight matches the one listed on my driver's license.  I dare you to tell me I don't weigh 130.  HA!

At any rate, I'm currently sitting here stuffing my face with Apple Salad.  Not Waldorf salad (no thank you!) ... but Apple Salad.  I made it last night and have been salivating for it since then.  Apples, Grapes, Marshmallows all mixed in freshly whipped Whipping Cream then refridgerated. 

Can you say YUMMO?!

Well I just did.

Now, I went out to eat this weekend with the lover; where I had a tomato mozarella salad.  Friggen Yum.  I remember the first time I ate one of those, I can't remember where I was, but I remember thinking, "Oh wow, this is literally tomatoes and cheese.  Ok.

So, when I saw it on the menu where we ate, I had to order it.  And it was DELICIOUS.  So much so, that I trotted my rear end to the grocery store to buy some tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and balsalmic vinegrette to make my own.  And it was gooood!

Homemade potato salad is the BEST.   I know it takes a great deal of effort to make, but if you love me, it's the least you can do, right?  Ok, maybe not.

Hmm.. Chicken Salad.  To be honest, I'm really upset with the whole Chicken Salad adoration right now because both Subway and McCallisters changed their Chicken Salad recipes and I severely dislike them.  YUCK.  Fruit does not belong in Chicken Salad.  It just doesn't.  And I'm sorry to offend you if you think it does.

But no.

So, now I am on a Chicken Salad "fast" of sorts that needs to end relatively soon.  I was told to try GFS's Chicken Salad, but it's not very good :(.    So, again - if you love me... find me a dang good chicken salad recipe... please? 

Pasta Salad... nuff said.  I think I'm italian at heart.  I could eat pasta every day all day.  I think the carb-coma would be well worth it.

Now, there are only certain kinds of dressings that I will eat depending on the lettuce/greens that are used in a house salad.

Stupid?  probably.  But just accept that I am obnoxiously very picky about certain things.

So, a house salad with like, Iceberg Lettuce requires French Dressing.  Sometimes Ranch, depending on where we are.  But never bottled Ranch, always homemade.

A mixed greens salad (the kind that looks like you're grazing in a field of multi-colored weeds)... should be served at about room temperature with a vinagrette dressing.  Preferrably Rasberry Vinagrette but will accept Balsalmic Vinagrette in a pinch.

Pasta Salad should be served with an Italian/Oil based dressing, although I'm rarely picky about pasta salad.

Annnnd so that's it...

I love Salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment