Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Monday, September 12, 2011

Addiction

I may or may not have an addiction to birthday cake.

Ok, so it's a serious addiciton.

Nonetheless, I do love birthday cake.  And just like the only child that I was raised, it can't be just any birthday cake...  it has to be one from a bakery with wedding cake-style icing.  You know, the kind that gets kinda hard on the outside layer after a couple of days.

mmmmmmm.  (Salivating yet?)

So, you know, I'm not going to lie about it.  When I went to the bakery to get my favorite little man's birthday cake this weekend I resisted the urge to purchase a full sheet cake at $89.99 for myself his party... with the intention of eating the left overs all by myself.  But then I reminded myself about the whole "if you eat an entire cake, you'll have to buy new blue jeans" and "if you eat too much left over cake, you'll have to widen all the doorways in your house to accomodate your hind quarters" and "oh, there's that whole clogged artery thing".

...but none of that stopped me from grazing on a very generous sized piece of left-over birthday cake this morning for breakfast.

Gross?  Not at the time.

But now, an hour later when it's just sitting on my waistline begging me to ask forgiveness?

Yea.  Not so cool.

But the good news is, Zumba is tonight and I can waddle my cake-eating bootie into that big room like I own the place and burn some of these calories.



The birthday party was so much fun!  If you've never taken your sons (or even yourself if you feel inclined) to play Laser tag, I strongly urge you to do so.  It was so much fun!  I played one game with the boys and, despite the fact that I wanted to pounce on a few kids that just stood there and shot me, it was a good time. 

Toward the end of the game, I finally caught on to the strategy that some of the other teams were using and realized that it might have been more fun if I wouldn't have been running around the place like a wild banshee trying to take down all the kids in one strike.

Yea, I was "that person".

I'm so embarrassed.

But whatever.  I mean, isn't that how I roll most of the time?

Case in point, the leaf blower and panda ears combo picture of me on facebook.  Clearly, there is a limited amount of shame "in my game".

After the Laser Tag experience, a Hummer Limo suprised my unsuspecting son and 10 of his friends with a ride back to the Pendleton Pizza Hut where we partied a little bit more, ate pizza and open gifts.

Oh, and we had cake.

Did I really need to mention that though? 

1 comment: