Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Friday, November 4, 2011

New Normal

With what may be one of the saddest days of my life behind me, it's now time to adjust to a new way of life, without Grandma.  Our once weekly lunches will now turn into lunch dates with just me and my Grandpa, which is just fine with me.  The time alone with my Grandpa is something that I will begin to cherish even more in the weeks and months ahead.  Because this was all such a shock to him, he is so appreciative of anything people do for him.  The holidays will undoubtedly be a difficult time for all of us, but this is the way it was supposed to work out, and so we have to embrace the change, as a family and move forward.

My house is a total disaster.  Being in and out so much the past week, it has just went downhill quickly.  So, at some point in the next couple of weeks, I really need to do a thorough cleaning.  I was preparing to do so anyway, with Christmas coming up, but now it's just been compounded by people in and out, food deliveries, flowers, etc and it looks like a live-in funeral home has been robbed!  What a mess.

If you stop by, don't judge.  But i'd recommend you just don't stop by :)

One of my classes for school is coming to an end, which is nice because I can spend the last month of school focusing on Econ; which I enjoy, but takes a lot of focus and studying.  I only missed 3 on my Mid-Term, and my final grade will be no lower than my Final, so I'm really hoping to get another A on my final so I can get an A in the class.  I messed up on a couple of homeworks and got C's, so I was hoping to not have those pull my grade down to a B.  If it happens, it will be ok, but really wanted to keep my grades at the A mark.

Trick-or-Treating was pretty fun this year, despite the circumstances.  Bekah went dressed as a mummy/zombie and Chas went in his crazy guille suit AGAIN.  He's about to outgrow Trick-or-Treating, so he just threw on the obnoxious net from last year and went with some of his friends around the neighborhood.    If I were a good mom, I'd run and get my camera card to upload a picture of Bek.  ...but I'm too lazy.  Please excuse me for that.

I am so ready for Christmas.  I normally have most of my shopping done by now, and admittedly, I'm no where near done... however I love that time of year.  I love the time with friends that are like family, getting together for yummy food, gift exchanges and memories.  It's such a nostalgic time of year from the decorating to the smell of everyone's homes as you walk in with an armful of gifts. 

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that by this time last year, I already had my Christmas stuff staged in my garage and ready to come in the house.  Not so much this year, but it's on my mind.  I know, I know... it's too soon.  But whatever.

Since I got my new furniture, I had the revelation that there's not as much room in my family room for the Christmas Tree.  That could pose for a bit of an issue.  Add the fact that I moved my sofa table out of my family room and into my front room/office and that compounds the issue that I don't have enough space in my front room for the second Christmas tree.

Suffice it to say that there's a good possibility my house and furniture arrangement may just look a bit "awkward" throughout the month of November/December.

Deal with it.

Or don't come over.

HA!

I think that's about it for now.  A few of my friends are doing a little November Challenge of things they are thankful for in honor of Thanksgiving.  I just don't think I can keep the commitment right now of updating this crazy blog every day.... kudos to those that can do it, but I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm just not that good.

However, I will say that today... I am thankful for......

hmmmm...

(trying to think outside the box here, because y'all know i'm thankful for my kids, family, etc)

soooo I think I will say that I am super thankful for DEVILED EGGS!

At the funeral dinner, someone friggen NAILED the Deviled Egg recipe to the point that my daughter asked me if I loved them so much, why don't I marry them.

It was all I could do to not pop a bit of egg shell on my left hand ring finger and call it a done deal.  I know it's a bit of an "egg"aggeration, but it would be absolutely "egg"cellent if I could spend the rest of my life eating Deviled Eggs.

I know, that was corny.  Bear with me here.... it's been a rough week :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll host the bridal shower. You can register for an egg timer, one of those fancy deviled egg dishes, and many other "egg"cessories. I'll make omelets. Oh, and deviled eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete