Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Card Maker

It was like a serious episode of deja-vu.... almost as if I were reliving something that had happened previously in my life.

I decided to surf the Hallmark.com website; just to see what kinds of interesting cards they had online verses in store.  I'm always a sucker for a good card.  The kind of card that says everything you wanted to say, but couldn't be creative enough to think up.

I was looking at some of the personalized cards that you could make and had a moment ....


...where I remembered walking into the old CVS... or maybe it was Revco.  I don't think it was Hook's... I think it was somewhere between Hooks and CVS... but anyway - you'd walk in the front doors and head to the "card" section to look for the most appropriate card when...

...a big machine would catch your eye.

Instantly made/printed personalized cards!!!

Say it isn't so?!

Does anyone else remember those sweet machines?  I can still hear the way they sounded when they pulled the pre-folded paper from the tray, and began dropping ink in the appropriate spaces to match the card you'd selected on the little screen.

Instant and Personalized.

Novel Concept.

I suppose technology got in the way of those sweet card machines... and they went away; and to be honest... I'd forgotten those machines even existed. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally remember those! Made and received a few myself. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I love your nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete