Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Thursday, February 9, 2012

House Hunt 2k12

Aside from impatiently awaiting the arrival of my new little boyfriend Jackson (come on Jenny... have him already!) ... I have been busy with a plethora of activities ranging from school to house hunting.  

I'm not sure what possessed, or rather motivated me to take 12 credit hours this semester, but I did.  Call me an overachiever.  Or Impatient.  Or a total nut-case, but it's not too bad.  Now, I'm not going to lie and tell you that I don't sit in my bed every single night and do homework/study/lectures/forum posts/etc - because I do... but it's not too bad.  What I will tell you however, is that the fruits of my labor will come after this semesterd when 1.) I have an official Associates Degree and 2.) I will have a deeper appreciation for taking 1-2 classes each semester.

Associates Degree?  What?  Why?  If some of you remember, when I decided to take the plunge and return to school, I set milestones for myself, so I would feel as though I were making progress and have goals to meet along the way.  The first was to go ahead and get an associates while I work on my Bachelor's.  While, I don't think there are any instant benefits to this piece of paper, at least from a current career perspective, it does make me feel good to have accomplished the 2nd goal that I had for myself.

So yes, the House Hunt 2k12.  For those of you that have been to my house, you will know that a family of 5 or 6 (My honey is probably choking at those numbers right now!) cannot comfortably fit in this love shack. Therefore, it is inevitable that we find another home.  I haven't quiet decided if we are going to try to sell my house or rent it out, but either way, this Team needs a home!

I'm super excited to go looking at houses and try to figure out what we want and need and it makes the realization that our lives will be joining very, very soon even more exciting. 

We are spending our Saturday afternoon looking at a few houses in the area while his sweet son is at a birthday party.  I can't wait!

Is it October yet?  :)

Wedding planning is coming along nicely.  Still trying to walk a fine line between what I like and my taste and what is considered tacky by our guests.  Not so much from a style perspective because I'm pretty neutral on colors and decor... but rather from a traditions/order of events/standard flow standpoint. 

Because I'm backwards, weird and pretty private about a lot of things, I could do without the hooplah of a wedding.  However, I thought it was important for our children to participate and witness the blending of our family, so I agreed to a small intimate wedding.

...which has turned into about 100 people. 

The best part of that number is that, while it seems so LARGE to me, it is 100 of our closest friends and family, which makes me feel so rich with people that love me (and us).  I am so blessed.

So, anyway....

that's that.

1 comment: