Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Monday, October 24, 2011

The Weekend

This weekend was a busy weekend, but a good one, nonetheless.  Friday evening, the kids and I picked Joe's son up from his parents' house and headed to Conner Prairie to meet him after work and spend the evening at the fall events on the prairie.  We spent a couple of hours there walking around, riding on the headless horseman wagon ride, making smores, watching some science experiments, etc.  The weather was great and the company was even better. 

Saturday morning, I got up pretty early and got Bek packed for camping with her Aunt.  Chas had a football game at noon and the 80's Ladies and I had planned a surprise baby shower for Jenny at 2... so needless to say, my morning was spent running my children to their destinations and heading to Fishers to pick up the cake and a few other items to help Allison prepare for Jenny's shower.  The guest of honor arrived and we all enjoyed catching up on everything, eating some yummy veggies and fruit... and of course large pieces of cake.  We also got our Christmas Exchange planning started and are looking forward to getting ready for that in just over a month!! 

After all the morning and early afternoon festivities, I met a sweet family in the park and spent about an hour photographing their family then headed home to shower.   I ended up spending the evening with Joe and his little boy watching a movie and eating pizza.

Sunday, I taught the kiddies at church and then headed home to get some cleaning done, as my house desperately needed it.  I met another dear family at Mounds State Park for family pictures yesterday afternoon, which turned out really well.  It's so pretty back in the woods... it made me want to pack up the kids and take a nice little nature walk. 

But no.

That would not be possible as my sweet, intelligent, charming and almost perfect son forgot about a project that is due on Tuesday.

Yes, tomorrow.

And he has a late game tonight in Fishers.

So guess what Sunday evening turned into?  You guessed it!  A mad rush of completing said project before bedtime.  Talk about frustrating.

Tonight, I'm off to parent teacher conferences for both kids, then headed to Fisher's to the Football game.  This is the last week of football and so i'm trying to be a good sport (pun fully intended there)... however it's becoming difficult with the homework and games.  I have to remind myself often about how much I will miss this someday.

In an upcoming blog, I will be discussing The North Face jackets. 

...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment