Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Weekend

My weekends seem to be crammed full from start to finish these days, but I suppose I wouldn't have it any other way.

Scratch that.

At times, it would be nice to just sit and relax.  But who am I kidding?  I need to keep myself busy.

Friday evening, I took my girl to drop her off with her dad for the weekend and ended up going to dinner and shopping with my mom for a little bit.  It was nice to spend some time with her and although there is an unspoken amount of friction between the two of us right now, it was nice to spend time with her.

Saturday, I got up early and headed to downtown Indy to take a friend of mine's engagement pictures before my Econ Mid-Term exam at IUPUI.  I finished the pictures and headed on over to the exam so I could get in some last minute study time beforehand with some of my classmates.  Although the study session helped a bit, I had been studying for a couple of weeks and felt like I knew what I was going to know, period. 

The exam went well and I think I did ok.  Let's hope so at least :)

After my exam, I headed home to get ready for my childhood best friend's wedding.  It was a nice event, but by the time dinner was over, I was ready to get out of the dress clothes and relax.  It had been a long day already.

So, I dropped my mom off and headed over to my sweetie's house to see him and his son before bed. 

Sunday morning, I got up early and had really good intentions of going to church, until I fell asleep on the couh after putting my jeans in the dryer.  I woke up with just enough time to go to the grocery and get some items to cook in advance of a cookout I was going to have that evening with Allison and family.

So, I ran to the grocery in record time, came home and baked a spice cake while making homemade macaroni and cheese.  I was able to get the macaroni and cheese done enough to take it over to Allison's mom's house prior to our cookout so she could throw it in the oven and have it ready by 5, when the get together wa supposed to begin.

After dropping the food off at her mom's, I drove to the Football Field (my home-away-from-home) where I watched the All - Star team scrimage against 3 other local schools in preparation for their games this week.  It was nice to watch other teams play and not the same 5th grade Pendleton boys over-and-over.

After his scrimmage concluded, I headed to pick Bekah up from her dad's so we could go meet Allison at her parents' house.  We ate some yummy burgers, took some quick family pictures and spent the rest of the time left before dark shooting guns at targets that her husband Jason set up.  It was a great time!

All in all, the weekend was a good one... although I'm really not wanting to be prepared for the upcoming week.

I'm dying to take the kids somewhere over fall break, just to get away, but I'm not certain that will happen.  I've looked at different places and just can't seem to find somewhere to go that suits my fancy.

Maybe I will make that my mission this week ; to find something fun to do over fall break.

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about Cincinnati? Bid on a hotel on priceline (I can coach you if you haven't used it) and go to the aquarium! I believe you can even get discount tickets through IUPUI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for this past weekend. I'm sorry it was so busy, but it was sooooo good to see you!! Can't wait to see you this weekend at the Hair Do Party!

    ReplyDelete