Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Teammate

Last week while  Joe was in Mexico for work, I completed and sent our Save the Date cards.  I'd spent some time looking at different ideas and finally found one I really liked and began to personalize it with our info.  It was all fun and cute until I actually started printing and addressing envelopes and then it hit me....

...this is it.  This is everything I've waited my life for... and it's coming true on 10.20.2012.

I can hardly wait!

Not that getting my dress didn't get me excited, because it did.

And reserving the venue made me excited.

And booking our honeymoon made me excited.

Oh, and the beautiful diamond ring made me excited.

...but save the dates? ...

Made it official... and it made my heart nearly burst with love for this person that I am so incredibly thankful beyond words that has re-entered my life.

This weekend, I didn't have my children, so I spent the weekend at his condo with he and his sweet boy.  It felt so good to spend the weekend with the two of them.  So different than my normal boring weekends without my kids.

I won't lie, the thought of marriage both makes me extremely happy (and obviously excited, as I stated before) but also a little scared, because like everyone... "you're only going to get married one time" so I want to do everything I can to ensure a successful and happy marriage for both of us and our children.

I am so thankful for this man because he is willing to talk through some of my fears and participate in some of the necessary and essential conversations that I feel need to take place in preparation for the joining of our lives and blending of families.

We've discussed attending some premarital counseling sessions, which I think would be very helpful to talk through some of the common issues that may come up throughout our marrige... and/or bring to light some of the differences we may have that we don't realize without external prompting or discussion.  Sure, there will be times when things arise that we aren't maybe fully prepared for, however I don't think premarital counseling would hurt anything. 

Our marriage is not one where we can just jump in and be flexible with life's twists and turns.  Our lives involve three other very special people who will be watching and influenced by every step we take in this process and I want to make every effort possible to create the most positive experience possible for our children.

Last night, after his son went to bed, we sat and talked forever.  And it was so nice.  I shared some of the things on my mind and he comforted and discussed things with logic and love, which was so, so nice.  Although I hope there will be many more late night talks with my husband-to-be, I will hold that one very dear to my heart because we both shared a lot of things with eachother that just made me feel so close to him.

Above all, one of the things that maybe others take for granted or rather may find silly and trivial, but I am so thankful to have a "teammate"; someone that is on my side, playing the same game as me, encouraging me and willing to support me in any way possible.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! <3 and the save the date was awesome!

    ReplyDelete