Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Saturday, January 7, 2012

I said Yes... I think.

For those of you that are women, you may agree that since the time we were little girls, we always had the fairy tale dream of the day we got married.  As we grew up to understand the process more and hear about others' engagement stories, we began to think up all the amazing ways that we could be proposed to by the man that we love.

Some stories were tear-inducing while others resulted in a great deal of laughter and joy. There were stories that seemed to come straight from a Hallmark card and tales that made me thankful I wasn't there.

But there's nothing like a story that is all your own.

I can tell you that on December 30th, 2011 ... everything I'd ever hoped for came to fruition as my sweet guy asked me to marry him.

Sounds sweet, doesn't it?!

Yes, group "awwwww".

Now that that is over, let me tell you the real story, in typicall "me" fashion. 

We all know that I am a little bit extremely private about my life.  Well, that is until blogs were born and I began to write on a blog back in the MySpace days of perhaps, 2006?  Wow, that's forever ago! 

Since then, i've opened up significantly, but I'm still very backwards about sharing things with people.  Thankfully, everyone that is close in my life understands that and doesn't seem to be too offended when I hold back.

Because y'all are blog readers and apparently enjoy reading about my life, i'll go ahead and give you the mooshy details of the proposal, to the best of my memory. 

Bear with me here, it was a big moment in my life and you might have to consult my "better half" for a more accurate timeline of the events.

So, he’d been hinting around here and there about wanting to marry me, and I kept telling him that he needed to make 100% sure of it before he took any permanent steps.  We went with the kids to Great Wolf Lodge last Wednesday/Thursday and had a really good time together.  Even with 3 kids in tow, it was fun, and he seemed like he was having a good time as well. 

So, we came home and all of our children went to their respective parents’ homes on Friday night.  He told me he was dropping his son off at 4:30, and we could get together after that.  I called him at like 5:00 when I finished getting my hair cut and he didn’t answer.  I didn’t think much of it, maybe he had the radio up, etc – so he texted that he was “at Castleton Mall looking for Skylanders for (his son)”.  I knew right then, there was no way he was seriously at Castleton Mall on a Friday night.  So, he called me back about 10 minutes later and it was really, really quiet and he was telling me about getting ready to leave Castleton, etc.  And I’m like, “ok, just let me know when to be at your house”.  I knew something was up...and had a very strong feeling that he may have been at a certain jewelry store "just off I-69 at 96th street and hague road.  open weekdays till 8... saturday and sunday till 5..."  You get the drift.

So, we go to dinner at O’charley’s and head back to town.  He decides he wants to stop and feed the ducks some “leftover popcorn from earlier” and goes to the park. 

To be quite honest, I have no idea what he said to me once he reached behind the seat and I realized what was about to go down.  I think he might have said something about marrying me, and I am pretty sure I asked if he was serious and told him not to cry.  I don’t really know if I said ‘yes’ or not until we got back to his house.  In the middle of all the fury and anxiety about the ring and engagement, I ended up having an asthma attack, had the call my dr. to call in an inhaler and we spent a couple of hours running to CVS by A.U. to get me an inhaler so I wouldn’t die. 

Yea, I like to make things awkwardly memorable.  Score for me!

I did go ahead and tell him "yes" when he confirmed and we are officially working out the details of the nuptuals.  I figured I owed him an affirmative answer after the whole "I'm seriously going to die in a second" scene.

In other news....

I hate to break it to y'all but the guest list is as follows:

1.) n/a
2.) n/a
3.) n/a
4.) n/a

and so on.

We are 99% certain that we are going to go away to get married, just the two of us, spend some time together on our Honeymoon, come back and begin our official lives together.

I've been threatened by a few people that if we don't have some sort of a celebration (that can go by another name, like... Sunday Dinner Party)... I will be killed.  So, that plan is still under construction.  I'm not opposed to a celebration with our closest friends but you all know how i am about attention and having all eyes on me.

Yea, so let's not go there :)

On the flip side... the thought of having my very own wedding cake to not share with others makes me really, really happy.  Because... yes - you guessed it...

I love cake.

So that's the story folks! 



Boy meets girl in high school.

Girl breaks things off with boy after 3 years.

Boy gets married and has son.

Girl has son and daughter.

Boy and Girl reconnect after 12 years and fall back in love.

Girl demands a private wedding because she's weird.

Boy agrees because he loves her.

...and they live happily ever after.

5 comments:

  1. As long as you let me have a good shower, I won't make you have such a big reception. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by that I obviously mean bridal shower... After I read that, it kind of sounded like I was going to take a bath :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Jenny has a bath for you, I demand we wear swimsuits.

    I am so very happy for you!!!!

    I understand about the not remembering what you said...I had to ask Matt later. Apparently my first words were, "Are you serious?" Romantic, yes? :)

    And I understand the privacy of the nuptuals. That's why Matt and I are having 20 people. I can't even imagine THAT many people staring at me! haha!

    can't wait to celebrate with you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness...SOOOOO exciting! Congratulations!

    And I agree...we should all wear swimsuits to the "bath."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Showers, Sprinkles, Baths....it's all in the name of love. Don't stop on our blessing, Ginny Marie!!! We want to celebrate because we love you and are excited. You'd want the same out of each one of us, right?
    I am so happy for you and I hope wherever life takes you, you're full of joy. Immeasurable joy.

    ReplyDelete