Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Yes, I "went there"

Oh Dear Blog Friends...

Tonight... I went there.

I had to.

I knew it was going to be a train wreck. 

But I had to.

My mom brought over my old formal dresses so I could store them in my closet.

And it was like a train wreck.

I just had to try them on.

I knew after 2 kids that they wouldn't fit.  So, i was not laying in my room on the floor crying, believe me.

So, i decided to "surprise" my son with a little "fashion" show.

If i were to say he was amused, i wouldn't do it justice.  I think he was more shocked.  Stunned.  Maybe unconcious.  Probably scared too.

...and scarred.

The first one was a silver sequin dress that had a couple of random (rust?) stains on the front.  Although it looked terrible from the front, it looked even worse from the side, where there was a lot of skin showing and a zipper that would've busted if i tried.....(let's be honest here) ... AT ALL to zip it :)

I moved on to a very, very forgiving velvet dress from my Sophomore Christmas dance.

ohhhh it was lovely, let me tell you.

Chaston said i looked like an old lady from the titanic.

...i guess it was better than a beached whale!

1 comment: