Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Monday, January 24, 2011

New Mexico

Tomorrow morning, I am headed to Rio Rancho, New Mexico for a couple of days.  It should be a whirlwind and rather interesting trip.  I spend a great majority of the day tomorrow flying.... then lead two half day meetings on Wednesday .... and fly home all day Thursday. 

I've never been out west, so I'm not really sure what to expect at all!  A few co-workers told me it's nothing but desert and tumble-weed.  ...it sure beats the Indiana snow!

I actually like to travel for work.  A lot of people will say "oh yuck!" ... but i honestly don't mind.  It's usually great timing, a few days away in a different place, doing different things that do not involve my home office... which is really nice for me.

The preparation is tiring; making sure the kids are packed for the days without me, all laundry is done and packed appropriately, etc.  However...

it is nice for all of us to have a break from the ho-hum routine we have going here and take a break.


I'm truly amazed by technology these days.  (Doesn't that make me sound reallly old?!)

Anyway - i checked in for my flight in the morning and had them send my boarding pass to my email.  Apparently, i can just click the link in my email on my phone and it will bring up a barcode that the gate will scan and that IS my boarding pass.

Who knew!?

No comments:

Post a Comment