Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Thursday, May 3, 2012

Coaching

As you may know, my dear daughter asked me repeatedly until I said yes to coach her softball team.  I obliged, because there was another coach that would be helping me and I figured between the other coach, Joe and myself, we could inspire a team of little girls to hit a softball, right?


Admittedly, I was a bit nervous.  I knew I could handle the  business aspect (ordering shirts, cute socks, coordinating practices, etc) - but it was the skill I was a bit nervous about. Thankfully, none of us really "knew what we were doing" so to speak, so the pressure hasn't been so bad.  ...and I'm actually enjoying it!  Not sure that I'm enjoying it enough to coach for the next 10 years of her life, however.. it hasn't been too bad.  


Last night at practice, I was determined to learn how to pitch.  It can't be that hard, right?  


Wrong.


It was nerve wracking, and i'm not sure who was more excited when the girls hit the ball I pitched; me or them!  I was excited that I pitched a ball good enough for them to hit and they were excited to hit the ball.


Admittedly, there were a couple of balls that were hit low.  


Low as in... "Is this softball or golf?" 


But hey - they hit it, right :)


Either way, I just love little kids.  Whether it's leading a girl scout troop, or...


...coaching a softball game...


I love being involved with my kids activities and hopefully being a faint part of some little girls memories some day.


I am equally as thankful that Joe is willing to help me coach my girl's team.  It's fun to do that together and it makes me feel good that he loves me enough to help with my kids.


Although when he showed up at practice last night wearing a black mullet wig and his Cross Country T-Shirt from 1995... I was questioning his sanity.


But at least Mullet Man showed up to help, right!?



No comments:

Post a Comment