Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Thursday, March 1, 2012

Caveman

As many of you know, I did an insane thing this semester and took a full 12 credit hours.

It's going pretty well, overall except for this STUPID Geology Course.

If we've never had a conversation about this before, I'm going to go ahead and let you know that I do not care about Geology.

Maybe I should.

But I don't.

And after taking this ridiculous 100 level Geology class, I'm pretty sure I don't care about it even more now, if there ever was such a thing.

I just got finished writing a "simple" paper about caves.  I didn't care about caves to begin with, but after learning WAY more than the average person knows about caves, I care even less now.

Just to really drill this point home I will explain why I do not give a CRAP about caves.

1.) There is nothing about actively dissolving limestone that makes me want to crawl through the Earth's crust.

2.) I do not care about a Stalactite and a Stalagmite and I certainly don't need to know that they form columns that I would potentially have to crawl around exploring in web dissolving rock.  I will feel like i have missed out if I never come in contact with drapery formations, bacon formations or any other type of calcified cave growth.

3.) Caves are HOLES in the EARTH.  They are not fully supported and therefore could crush your head if they  fell in.  Where do you think the old saying "caved in" came from?  Your head will be "caved in" if you don't stay out of caves!!

If I don't get a decent grade on this crazy cave paper, I'm going to dislike caves (also known as caverns) even more!

1 comment:

  1. ZIG ZAG IN A CAVE WEARING MY ZIGGS!

    CAVE<CAVE<CAVE<CAVE<CAVE<CAVE
    ZIGGY ZIGGY ZIGG ZIGGS

    ReplyDelete