Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Monday, April 30, 2012

Associates

I know that an Associates Degree from IUPUI is nothing fancy, but to me, it's a milestone that I am SO thankful to say that I"ve finally earned.  Finally.


Last night I completed my last exam for the grueling 12 credit hours I've been working on this semester.  


And it felt so good.


So, now I just have to wait for my degree/piece of paper to be "certified" and I can go pick it up.  I've scheduled my summer session(s) classes and fall - and by December I will have my Business Foundations Certificate as well.


Since i'm not 100% sure what I want to major in, I wanted to at least complete those two milestones so I can have some sort of "completed education" listed on my resume in the future, should I ever need it.


In other news, this weekend my girl had her first Softball game, and looked SO CUTE!  I just love little softball girl uniforms!  She talked me into coaching her team this year, thankfully there's another dad that is coaching and then Joe is also helping me, so it's been pretty fun!  It's a lot of time commitment, but I do really like little kids, so I am enjoying it.  And I know it makes Bek feel good that I"m involved.


I've been doing more and more work at the new house.  Waiting to finish up all the painting and get my stuff moved in.  At first, the thought of moving/selling my house made me really sad, but now that I am getting a taste of life with my 'new' blended family - I have no second thoughts.  I am ready.


Today, I"m working from my little office in the upstairs of the new house, which is really nice.  I can shut the door, get away from the rest of the house and not go back in the room until I am ready to work again.


Taking care of a family of 5 isn't so bad.  The kids are playing together really well and I think overall, the transition is going smoothly.  I've tried to be overly cognizant of the effect this type of blending will have on my kids, so i'm taking it one step at a time.  There's a lot of laundry, and a lot of dishes and picking up and quite a few capri suns that we are going through, but things are going well.  And I am so thankful.


I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days later this month to photograph one of my childhood friend's weddings.  I"m super excited for the time away for a few days, but also eager to get back and get serious about moving this crazy house!  


Once I get moved... it's back to wedding planning!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Gin Gin Hawtie Marie! I am so proud of you! How do you manage to take care of two children, unresponsible "others", a new husband to be, a fongool, two homes, a softball team, work, cooking, laundry, cleaning, shuttling, a stalker, shopping, animales, friends, bills, mowing, packing, moving, plumbing, assembly of walmart beds and still manage to get your degree and love on your man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I second Joe's comments! Way to go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've still got free nights I'll happily donate to your moving cause if you want them!!

    ReplyDelete