Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Monday, December 5, 2011

Nashville

The last few days have been so nice to be away from home and enjoying time with my honey.  A while ago, he asked me if I wanted to go to his Christmas party in Nashville, Tennessee.  I was so excited because it happened to be on a weekend when I actually had no kids and no other plans.  BONUS!

We found out a couple of weeks ago, that he had a meeting at his Nashville office on Thursday, and would have to drive down on Wednesday.  Since I didn't want to have to make arrangements for that many days away from my kids, I went ahead and found a one-way ticket to Nashville for less than $100.  It probably would've cost more in gas and then had to drive two cars back, so for about $80, I booked the flight!

He picked me up from the airport at about 4:30 and we headed to dinner together.  We decided on a restaurant called 'Cheddars', since there are none in our area, but quickly learned that "Cheddars" had nothing on the menu relating to Cheddar Cheese, as we'd suspected.

Fear not, dinner was good despite the lack of Cheddar and the company was fantastic after being on a plane and in airports for almost 6 hours!

Friday we both worked for a few hours in the morning and then headed out to take a walking tour of downtown Nashville.  We ate at Jack's BBQ, which was right on the "strip" and walked it off around downtown, checking out the fun stores, looking in the windows of some of the famous bars and walking down "Printer's Alley", stopping along the way to take random and fun photographs!

On our way home, we took the scenic route and enjoyed the Tenneessee country roads and 'nice' homes in the area.  We also looked diligently for a nice Chevette that might be for sale, in order to fufill my dreams of ownng a 'vette. 

I was intrigued by the cotton fields and felt it necessary to ask Joe to pull the car over on the side of the road so I could steal a cotton plant right out of the field. 

don't worry - i'm not going to become a cotton Gin (hahah!) ... and start making my own clothes, just intrigued by the plant.


Unfortunately, our search for Super Famous Stars in Nashville and Rockin' Chevettes in the country was unsuccessful for the two of us, so we returned to our hotel to get ready for the Christmas Party.

That night we attended Joe's company Christmas party downstairs at our hotel and had a really good time! I was able to meet several of the people that he works with and after a few drinks, he had the courage to hit the dance floor for a couple of songs. 

Saturday we got up early, ate breakfast at the hotel and headed towards Indiana.  All was well until I decided I should go ahead and make a fool out of myself by vomiting in the car on the ride home.

Lucky for my driver... i had a plastic bag available to catch the .... well.... puke... so there was minimal clean up in the car.

Let me tell you... he handled it like a champ.

Pulled the car over at the nearest Classy Truck Stop Trashcan so I could finish puking like I was getting paid to do it.  Then, into the truck stop I went to clean myself up and brush my teeth.

God love him.  I know it was just nasty.  But he was so good about it.

And i mean, what's hotter than a chick puking for no reason while you're driving 5 hours home.

...ok, don't answer that :)

Saturday evening, I hung out with he and his little boy and we had a good time.  Sunday, I laid in bed sick all day and got my kiddos back that evening.

Outside of my Gastroentestinal track's decision to act like a fool for the past 2 days, my weekend was great!!

It was so nice to get away from home and enjoy time with my guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment