Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hitched

I am finishing up on editing pictures from my 6th wedding this season.  Here are a few things that I've learned from the 2011 wedding season thus far:

1.) Pink and Orange seem to be the popular color.  Luckily, brides have been using the colors as "accent" colors instead of bridesmaid dress colors.  While I'm ok with this color combination, I'm kinda tired of seeing it. 

2.) The average ceremony from the time the bride walks down the aisle to the time she walks out with her husband is about 20 minutes.  By the time the bride walks down the aisle, I've usually spent a good 6 hours with her.  .... preparing for 20 minutes of vows.  

3.) After the ceremony, guests arrive at the reception and eat.  A lot of food.  That i'm sure - is very expensive.  I've yet to attend a wedding this season where a large meal wasn't served.  I'm thankful, because I get to eat some YUMMY food after a long day.  But good grief, that has to be expensive!

4.)If.  And this is a BIG Giant IF.... I ever get my "happily ever after" that i've been waiting for, for so long.. I want to run away and have a simple wedding on the beach.  Honeymoon built in and come back to start our new life together.   I am not spending all of that money to entertain people for a few hour and celebrate my wedding.  I'd rather run off to the beach  and just do it simply!  Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for big weddings ... love attending.  But do NOT want to even think about the bill!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment