Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Monday, July 11, 2011

What the World is Missing...

What the world is missing is good old-fashioned letters.

Yep, the kind that you write to people you care about to say hello, update them on what's going on in your life and just take a moment out of your day to generally sit down and "pen" a note to someone.

I don't know about you, but getting the mail every day is so ho-hum.  Which bill will I get?  What piece of junk mail will come today?

My sweet girl's cousin just took a vacation to Pigeon Forge and promised to send her a postcard or letter.

...and we have been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the letter to arrive.

Every day, she's at the mailbox waiting.

And I think that innocence is just so sweet, and genuine.

Sometimes I wonder what it must've been like back when people had loved ones overseas at war and the only mechanism for communication was via letter.  How sweet that would've been to receive a letter from your son, husband, nephew, brother, etc.

So, I wonder ... fellow blog readers... should we start a little letter campaign!?  Just for funsies!?!

2 comments:

  1. So funny you mention this. Just last week I wrote a letter to my Aunt who can't talk to people because she's losing her hearing and her health won't let her get out the door often. I was so excited to do an old fashion letter! I can start a letter campaign.
    And would it help if I sent your little one something so she has a reason to get excited since she's been waiting so long?

    ReplyDelete