Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Verdict

I got the news today! 

I was awarded 12 credit hours for the portfolio, and I couldn't be happier.  That trims off an entire semester from my degree (and thousands of dollars!).

I originally asked for 21 credits, knowing it was a bit of a stretch in some areas, but chose to be rather safe than sorry especially since it was a one-shot deal.  When I got the notification that the faculty had awarded me the 12 credit hours... i was thrilled.

With the credit hour award, I am officially a "Junior".  Woot!

This summer session, I am taking two more core level electives that I need toward my degree, and then I will register for fall classes very soon. 

Additionally, I had applied for a local scholarship back in February and got the letter this week that I'd been awarded a $2,000 scholarship for next academic year.  That was GREAT news.... and my bursar account will appreciate it as well!

So, things on the school front are going well.  I'm really going to try to take as many online classes as I can, because I know when I have to go to class a couple times a week - it will really take a toll on my family.

So, that's the news!

1 comment: