Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Busy Life

Aren't we all like crazy busy?  I have been meaning to update this blog for oh, let's just make it an even 30 days.  GEEZ!  In retrospect, I can't remember everything I thought, "oh, that would be a good topic to take to my blog!"

So alas, you get the boring update.  I've been feeling rather cynical and blah lately so my outlook on things has been a little less than flavorful.  And that's really sad!  What in the world do i have to be grumpy about?  I need to get myself in check.  Pronto!

My favorite man has had soccer games every Saturday and Sunday since early April.  I'm pretty disappointed in the soccer organization this year.  I try not to complain, because I'm certainly not the one out there volunteering to coach... but I surely don't feel like I've gotten my money's worth this year.

I never thought I'd say this - but i'm so ready for football season.  I really have never understood the sport nor any of the rules and plays, but I do enjoy watching my little man out there doing something that makes him happy.  Seeing him all dressed up in his pads and helmet makes me just melt!  I have no idea why.... especially when he takes off his helmet and he is NASTY sweaty.  But he's mine... and I love him.

So, I finished my first class (OLS 399) at IUPUI where I turned in a portfolio of my prior learning to petition for credits.  Thanks to my sweet friend Eve for helping me edit it and organize it all in a way that made sense.  After looking at it so many times, all the sentences began running together and it was a giant blur. We had a great time spending a few working days together while my kids were at school.  Just another reason why I am so thankful for my high school girlfriends. 

But anyway - 200 and some odd pages later... I got an A+ in the class!  Woot Woot!  Now, just the waiting game of seeing how many credits they will give me for my prior learning.   I'm seriously about to have a stroke just waiting.  I petitioned for 21 (knowing that about 3 - 4 of the credits were a stretch - but rather safe than sorry!).  I'll be happy regardless, because it was a great experience and now I have a professional portfolio with all kinds of artifacts and evidence of my abilities and learning.   I should know my credit award by Memorial Day... if not sooner (i'm really hoping for the sooner part!)

Work is going well, but working from home is really starting to get at me.  I know it sounds crazy and I'm sure people think, "oh, i'd love to work from home!"... and there are perks... but i'm pretty sure I'm going insane.  I think that's a large contributer to my recent funk. 
Well, that and weather. 

 "Blame it on the rain, yea yea...."

Sorry, I had to.

My grandparents have been taking me to lunch a couple of times a week and I am so, so thankful for that time with them.  I know they won't be around forever and I really enjoy spending time at lunch with them a couple of times a week.  So, that has helped break the monotony here and there... but even then - getting out of the house seems like such a chore...and I don't even have small children anymore!?! 

Am I the grinch or what?

1 comment:

  1. Not a grinch at all! We all get into funks sometimes. And this rain, well, it's been getting to me too! :)

    ReplyDelete