Wash the Windshield

Keeping the view of the road ahead clear.



Monday, August 13, 2012

My Birthday Weekend

I had a fantastic birthday weekend... complete with some really creative gifts, relaxation and fun.

Friday night, Joseph took me out to dinner at Benihana, which was super yummy!  They sang me a birthday song and then required me to stand up and dance while they sang the Japanese Happy Song.    After that, they took a fun picture of us and brought it back framed for us to take home!  It was actually a decent picture, so that was great!

After dinner, we walked around Keystone mall to burn off some of the calories from the plethora of food we had consumed prior.

Saturday, my mom wanted to take me out for a few hours, which was a really nice opportunity to hang out with my mom, just the two of us.  We got a manicure, pedicure then went to lunch.  We had a really nice time together.  I should probably make a mental note to do that more often.

Saturday afternoon, Joe and I decided to run around to some more Goodwill's looking for some last minute candle stick holders.  We scored a total of 6 from 2 local Goodwill's.  We also bought some spray paint so I could see what they would look like.  

Other than the fact that all of my candleholders look similar to that of a shrine in the garage, I'm getting super excited about it!  They look great, and I think they will be a really nice piece of decor at the wedding.  

As we were driving around shopping, we decided to stop at this random store called Garden Ridge in Noblesville.  If you're my friend on facebook, you will already know that I have no idea how i lived without that store.  

No idea.

I don't like the "unknown" so i had a really hard time processing what this store was.  But the deeper I got within the store, the more excited I became.  It was just the coolest place!

And... as a HUGE win, i found the metal birdcage decoration I'd been searching for over the last month or so!  And it was only $15!  SCORE!!!

Sunday, we got up early and headed to church.  After church, we came home, did some house/yard work and then went to pick up the kids.  It was a really, really nice birthday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment